Many people are asking themselves can I still claim compensation for mis-sold PPI in 2019.
The short answer to this question is yes you are still able to claim compensation in 2019 all the way up until the deadline dates which is August 2019
There are however some caveats that you must take into consideration if you still have not made your claim
What are these factors I should take into account?
- They will more than likely be a backlog because people are rushing to make PPI claims before the deadline
- People must be mindful of the deadline because if they missed the deadline it is unlikely that there PPI claim will be taken into account, which could result in them having no claim at all meaning they will have missed out unsubstantial compensation.
- Another thing to take into account is also the fact that you’re PPI claim may be more complex than other types of claims, for example if you have a mortgage PPI claim this may take longer than a more simple credit card PPI claim.
- As we approach the ppi deadline more and more people will be rushing to make a claim this means there is a limited opportunity to input your refund request so it is important to act as quickly as possible.
- Many companies including our company are offering a no win no fee service there is little reason to delay making your claim if you use our online PPI checker you are under no obligation and we can act on your behalf to pursue the claim through to completion on a no win no fee basis.
Why should I bother making a claim for PPI compensation?
You may wish to consider claiming compensation because you could be due money that you didn’t think you were owed before
Of course if you don’t think you are owed PPI compensation you may still wish to check if that is the case we can help you with that however if you are 100% sure you have never had PPI then feel free to make no further enquiries
You could be owed thousands in compensation which is a pretty good incentive for people to at least enquire as to whether or not they are owed money that they didn’t know about
Of course there is no obligation to even make an enquiry about a PPI claim however if you suspect you have been mis-sold PPI it may be a good idea
How long have we got left to make a claim?
All the way up until August 29th 2019 to be precise any claims submitted after that point will not be counted
The best way to make sure you get your claim in as early as possible is to take action straight away this way you can avoid being stuck in a queue and get your case seen to as quickly as possible and this enables you to avoid the backlog.
It is the same for mortgage PPI claims loans PPI claims and credit card PPI claims it is the same procedure throughout
What happens if I submit a claim after the deadline?
This unfortunately will mean that your claim will not count and you will have missed out on any compensation you may have been due.
Whether or not there will be scope are a possibility to appeal and still have a valid claim is another matter however nothing has been said in that regard so it is recommended you start your claim as early as possible.
What happens if I don’t want to work with a PPI company?
It is not obligatory to work with PPI claims management company, however you may find them a useful resource.
However if you are adamant you would rather make the claim without a PPI company then this is also possible however you will need to make your own enquiries both with the financial conduct authority and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Many people have been successful through both the use of a claims management company and also through the use of their own resources and there on time in pursuing a claim.
The main thing is that whatever action you plan to take you begin before August 2019.